Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny and Roids

Well well, Dodger fans (of which none read this blog but oh well)...welcome to the party! I wouldn't be too concerned, though - I'm sure it was just some B-12 shot or flaxseed oil that did it. Maybe he ate a poppyseed muffin that morning, who knows?

In all seriousness, what a moron. The guy is already universally recognized as one of the top 3 or 5 best right-handed hitters of ALL ding dang time. Its weird, but I think that the reasons why these guys are using roids (aside from the would-be scrubs looking to hang around) is so different for each one. I really think Bonds roided up because he was ticked that Griffey always got so much love and he thought he was better, and then the McGwire-Sosa thing really sent him over the edge. And I would bet that Manny started taking roids after he left Boston last year for no other reason then to show up the Sox. Yes, I think he's that stupid. 'I'm going to trash my career to show you guys why you never should have let me go.' It doesn't make sense that he's been on them for years - his stats have been pretty consistent over the years. The only jump has been since mid-year last year after the Sox dumped him. He hit like .358 or something with 60 RBIs in 50-something games last year - now that is a jump from his career norms.

Whatever - forget the seriousness - all I can say is where is an inflatable needle when you need it?

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as how this is a drug you take after coming off of steroids, I still think it's interesting that MLB never caught him when he was with the Red Sox. Not surprising, though.

    ReplyDelete