Monday, April 27, 2009

Opening Salvo

So with baseball season underway and Hobbs411 full (understandably so) of Katherine-themed posts, I've been told I need a separate blog to post my rantings about baseball, politics, and whatever else. I enjoy commenting on various commercials and ad campaigns, so I'm sure I'll touch on that once in a while.

I choose HumBaby as the name in honor of former Giants skipper Roger Craig, whose attitude defined baseball for me growing up. Back when baseball was still played by actual people, umpired by actual people, and announced by (for the most part) actual people who enjoyed baseball for what it was, not 'what it could be.' I know, its supposed to be 'Humm Baby', but somebody already had hummbaby.blogspot and humm-baby.blogspot, so back off.

Well, instead of starting on a negative note, I'll start with something cool. Did you see Jacoby Ellsbury steal home yesterday? That was awesome - talk about old-school ball. Bases loaded, against the Yankees, and the kid just suprised everybody. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P1b0RN2sB4. I know. Its awesome. To the rest of the Hobbs men - how can you still hate the Red Sox? If only we had someone who could do that...or if only we could get a guy to third...

Anyway, enjoy the blog, and add your own thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! and very appropriate photo editing I might add.

    ReplyDelete