Thursday, May 14, 2009

Panda vs. Little Money

Ok, so the game sucked tonight. Wilson got rocked, and I switched off. But it reminded me that I had to clear something up from the other night when Pablo hit the walk-off 3-run blast. Kuip and Comcast seem to be going to great lengths to grind it into our heads that 'Panda' is Pablo's nickname. What the heck? That is seriously the wussiest nickname I've heard since the Chicago 'Cubbies'. Come on. Is that what we want to think of him? I propose that we stick with what we had last year - think Kruk got it started after Molina had a clutch hit and Pablo followed up with another hit, and he called them Big Money and Little Money. That's perfect, and its even better that Benjie is Pablo's mentor and whatnot. Get with the program - fight the Panda! I tell you (as if anyone is reading this yet), if when I go to PacBell this weekend the Giants are already selling Panda crap, I'm going to be very upset.

I ask - would you rather our new boy's nickname be associated with being 'money' as in 'clutch', or would you rather think of this image whenever you hear Kuip or Amy Gutierrez (man she's painful to watch in postgame interviews - watch - each question starts with 'Talk about...') call him 'Panda':










Me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment